This polyester family resin is used in applications that could call for PA, but also require low moisture absorption, better dimensional stability and electrical properties. It has a slightly higher specific gravity than PA, however. Examples of PBT applications are automotive window motors, sensors, fuse boxes, lamp sockets, various electrical connectors, headlight bezels, optical fiber buffer tubes, pump impellers and oven knobs.
Nagase offers various grades of PBT. Please contact us to find out more.
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
- Polyphthalamide (PPA)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
- Acrylic Styrene Acrylonitrile (ASA)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile Ethylene Styrene (AES)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)