Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS) is an engineering thermoplastic with very high heat resistance and excellent chemical resistance. Up to 400 degrees F, it has no known solvent. It has a high tensile strength but a very low impact resistance. It has very low moisture absorption and is a very good electric insulator. Many different filled grades can be produced such as conductive, anti-static and internally lubricated grades. There are two distinct forms of PPS: partially branched structure and linear structure. The linear variety generally has higher mechanical strength and higher melt stability. Some applications include pump housings, electronic test sockets, flow meter rotors, engine sensors and halogen lamp sockets.
Nagase offers various grades of PPS. Please contact us for more information.
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Polyphthalamide (PPA)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
- Acrylic Styrene Acrylonitrile (ASA)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile Ethylene Styrene (AES)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)