Polystyrene is a commodity resin in the aromatic family and is very widely used. A wide variety of different properties can be achieved with PS by altering the formulation. Unmodified PS is clear, moderately strong and rigid, but brittle. Its heat resistance is low in comparison to other resins, but it has good electrical properties. PS is commonly used in plastic cups and dinnerware, packaging, appliance parts, toys, housewares and tape reels. PS can also be foamed; this is commonly called Styrofoam.
Nagase offers various grades of PS. Please contact us to find out more.
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Polyphthalamide (PPA)
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Modified Polyphenylene Ether (M-PPE)
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Acrylic Styrene Acrylonitrile (ASA)