CPO Line (Chlorinated Polyolefins)
The CPO Line of chlorinated polyolefins (CPOs) provides adhesion promotion on thermoplastic olefin (TPO) substrates without surface treatment. Structurally, the line consists of polypropylene (PP) that has been altered either through the addition of chlorine or chlorine and maleic anhydride. The CPO line is suitable for tough and transparent coatings. It includes 20-40% low-Cl products and 65% high-Cl products.
- Strong adhesive quality: Can be used for adhesion promotion on polypropylene and other synthetics without the need for surface treatment of any type
- Non-sticky quality: Will not impart a tacky feel
- Improved environmental characteristics: Special emphasis on development of water-borne and chlorine-free derivatives
- Soluble in aromatic solvents, water, and reactive diluents (UV cure).
- Fully customizable for any application: Can be altered between batches to meet customers’ specific needs
- Available in pellet form, solvent-based, and water-based grades
- Primer (pigmented or conductive) for PP bumpers, or in one-coat paint for car parts and wheel caps
- Vehicle for gravure printing ink and hot-stamping ink to polyolefins
- Flocking binder
- Lamination of PP, printing paper, PP film, foil and sheets
- Heat-seal agent for PP films/sheets.