Additional Notices for UK and EU Residents Only
Data protection regulations in the UK and Europe require NAGASE to disclose additional information regarding Personal Data collected from UK and European users, and to limit NAGASE’s use of such information in specific ways. This section provides additional information applicable to UK and European Personal Data, which may not apply to users in other geographies.
Legal Basis for Processing
UK and European Personal Data may only be processed by NAGASE where and to the extent that such processing is:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as:
- To carry out NAGASE’s obligations with respect to any contractual agreements between us with respect to information, products, and services that you may request from NAGASE;
- To process a job application; or
- To fulfill any other agreements between us.
- Necessary for NAGASE to comply with a legal obligation, for example to meet our tax and accounting obligations.
- Necessary to serve the legitimate business interests of NAGASE or a third party, where such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals under UK and European law, for example:
- To provide you with effective customer service or technical support, such as where you have requested information from NAGASE;
- To contact you with information regarding health and safety, applicable regulations, or stewardship of our products;
- To improve the content, functionality, performance, security and usability of our website;
- To notify you about changes to our business, products, services, or our website;
- To conduct business transactions, including purchases and sales of NAGASE products, or business reorganizations including the sale, transfer, change in control or merger of NAGASE assets or businesses.
- Subject to a valid consent you have freely provided and not withdrawn, such as opt-in consents allowing NAGASE to place cookies on your computer or to use your contact information for promotional advertising.
Data Subject Rights
UK and European users of this website have the legal right to request NAGASE undertake specific actions with respect to their Personal Data, including:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data, including the right to have NAGASE confirm if your Personal Data is being used by NAGASE;
- The right to have your Personal Data corrected or erased;
- The right to object to or restrict NAGASE’s use of your Personal Data, for example where such information is not accurate or no longer needed;
- The right to have your Personal Data transferred from NAGASE to another party;
- The right to not be subject to automated decision-making or profiling based on your Personal Data;
- The right to withdraw any consent you have previously provided to NAGASE’s collection or use of your Personal Data; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Cross-Border Transfers of Data
The information that NAGASE collects from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or by other entities acting as data processors on our behalf.
NAGASE will process and store your Personal Data for the duration of our relationship with you, which may be a long term, and as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. NAGASE will delete your data:
- When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected and processed;
- Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring NAGASE to maintain that information;
- When necessary to comply with NAGASE’s legal obligations; and
- If our collection of information was based on your consent, upon the withdrawal of your consent.
Any requests or inquiries relating to NAGASE’s handling of EU information may be made by contacting us using the Personal Data Change Request Form.