Personal Information Protection Notice
Click here to download the Personal Data Privacy Notice.
Nagase America LLC (“NAGASE”) appreciates your visit to our website (this “Website”) and your interest in our services and products. As Your privacy is important to us, and we take care to protect your information, including your Personal Information (defined as information that directly or indirectly personally identifies you and any type of information about you protected under applicable data privacy laws) collected through this Website and/or through the normal conduct of our business operations.
By accessing this Website, you accept, and consent to, this Personal Information Protection Policy (this “Privacy Notice”). If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, your choice is not to use this Website. This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time without notice. We therefore ask you to consult it on a regular basis. The last line of this Privacy Notice below indicates when this Privacy Notice was last updated.
The Purpose and The Scope of This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the information you have provided about yourself or that NAGASE has generated in connection with your use of our website or use of our online services.
The terms of this Privacy Notice may be modified or supplemented by other agreements you have entered with NAGASE, or any applicable laws or regulations related to the protection of personal information. For certain services, NAGASE may provide you with privacy statements in addition to this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect and process Personal Information about you from different sources, including but not limited to:
- Identity Data includes name, country, company, position, employer number, user account data, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers, office location address, billing address, delivery address.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card information.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, date and time of your access, time zone setting and location, browser type and version, your device identifies, your internet or wireless service provider and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
The above categories and their definitions are only exemplary and additional information or types of information may be collected, however, we specifically strive to not collect any highly sensitive information, such as social security numbers, protected class information, medical information and the like.
How We Collect and Process Personal Information
We use different methods to collect Personal Information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by exchanging business cards, sending emails or filling in forms or otherwise.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
The following are examples of how we may use Personal Information we collect:
- providing our products and services and information relating to our products and services;
- execution and performance of contracts for our products and services, as well as management after completion of such contracts;
- fulfill customer inquiries, respond to any problems that may arise, such as difficulties in navigating this Website or accessing certain features;
- send samples, price quotations, products and information;
- develop new products and services;
- send you newsletters, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates;
- send you emails and/or postal messages with information about the brand and other content of NAGASE Group Companies that we think may be of interest to you;
- develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising;
- personalize your experience on this Website by presenting products and information tailored to you;
- gauge our customers’ trends to determine what products and services are most popular with our customers; and
- for services relating to or connected to services other than those described above.
Disclosures of Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with NAGASE Group Companies inside or outside the United States. NAGASE may also outsource the processing of your Personal Information to third parties.
NAGASE may also disclose Personal Information to governmental agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, courts, or other persons in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, court order or official request, or under any and for the purposes of guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities, or similar processes as either required or permitted by applicable law. When transferring Personal Information internationally we, and our service providers acting on our behalf, follow applicable data privacy laws.
How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information?
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law. We erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
We may use “cookies” in connection with the operation of this Website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer by this Website server. Cookies are used for recordkeeping purposes — the stored information can be retrieved by this Website server when you return to this Website.
Cookies allow us to personalize or regulate the use of this Website, and also permit us to automate the access and data-entry functions of this Website, and to tailor the appearance or presentation of this Website to your preferences or interests
Before functioning cookies, we will obtain your prior consent or provide the opportunity to disable cookies.
Information from Third-Party Analytics Providers
By accessing and using our Website or other NAGASE websites or platforms, you consent to the processing of data about you by these analytics providers in the manner and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Security of Your Personal Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission at this Website and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate
administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Information collected by us against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of Processing of the Personal Information in our possession.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. NAGASE cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. NAGASE also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the
“How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
US Residents, please click here for further information.
UK and EU Residents, please click here for further information.
The data privacy laws in your jurisdiction may entitle you to the following rights:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, in order to comply with changes in applicable law or for legitimate business purposes, we may make changes to this Privacy Notice. Any changes we make will be displayed on this Website. Please check back from time to time to ensure that you have read the most recent version of this Privacy Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us using the Personal Data Change Request Form.
Alternatively, you can contact us in writing at:
Nagase America LLC
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
546 Fifth Avenue, 19F, New York, NY 10036
Last updated: July 2023