Polyethylene, a polyolefin commodity resin, is the largest volume thermoplastic currently used. The general characteristics are good toughness, excellent chemical resistance, low moisture absorption, low coefficient of friction, lightweight and ease of processing. There are multiple varieties of PE. LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) is often used in packaging, plastic bags, bottles, wire insulation, medical equipment and housewares, to name only a few. HPDE (High Density Polyethylene) has a much higher rigidity and tensile strength making it suitable for use in applications such as industrial piping and automotive fuel tanks. UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) and LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene) are some other examples of PE.
Nagase offers a variety of grades of PE. Please contact us to find out more.
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS)
- Polyphthalamide (PPA)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
- Acrylic Styrene Acrylonitrile (ASA)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylonitrile Ethylene Styrene (AES)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)